Contact Us, +61424205426 (WhatsApp) |  1800-EDUCAB (1800338222) (Australia)

Get Free


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Solution arises from Questions,

So let’s begin.

We understand there are so many things to consider prior to take the biggest leap and hundreds of questions which may seem as a hurdles can be easily overcome and we finally walk down the aisle towards our success.

  1. Why is studying in Australia a good investment for your future?
    Studying higher education in Australia helps in building self-esteem as well as individual development and improvement of the learners. Thus, students from all over the world are well attracted to the high-quality education system in Australia strategically researched by top brains. The cultural diversity, clean and vast surroundings, friendly people, high standard  of living, and high- quality education system have made Australia the top destination for international students
  2. Is studying in Australia affordable for international students?
    It varies from individual’s preference, cities the students are interested to study and the education provider, given that the highly integrated and in demand subjects with highly trained and regulated teaching sector backed by Australian Govt. to assist the students to build their career, it is a worthy of a consideration.
  3. What are the requirements for Study in Australia?
     The eligibility requirements for aspirant students to study in Australia depend generally on the course they choose to pursue & the university they wish to pursue it at. On a common level, a candidate must have to complete year 10 & year 12 equivalent or GCE Ordinary level & GCE Advance  level of education from a recognized board of education, and they must qualify a recognized English language proficiency test.
  4. What are the recognized English Language proficiency test?
    There are five English language tests accepted for student visa applications in Australia:
    • International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
    • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet-based test (paper-based test is accepted from limited countries)
    • Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
    • Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
    • Occupational English Test (OET)
  5. Is English Language proficiency test mandatory for all international students?
    Most of the Australian colleges and universities require international students to demonstrate their English language skills, usually by taking an English language proficiency test. However, the English Language proficiency test requirements may be waived in certain circumstances, i.e. Your first language is English.
  6. What is Genuine Temporary Entrance or GTE?
    The genuine temporary entrant (GTE) requirement is an integrity assessment that all applicants for a student visa must provide to substantiate that they are coming to Australia temporarily to gain a quality education and intend to use the student visa program for its intended purpose only and not as a channel to gain residency in Australia. For further information, please click the link below
  7. Who can sponsor a student in Australia?
    Generally it’s the parents of the student, however, grandparents also can be the sponsor too. Please contact our experts to learn more about who can be you sponsor whilst your stay and study in Australia.
  8.  What kind of financial documents required for the sponsorship?
    The Visa applicant is required to show his/her sponsor documents   with any and or combination of following documents.
    • Fixed Deposit Receipt (FDR) Statement.
    • Government loan or loan from any financial institutions.
    • Saving Accounts
      For detailed information contact our team and learn more.
  9. What are the total fund to show for student visa application?
    Depending on the circumstances, a single student is required to show funds of one year living cost of $21041. however additional $7362 for partner/spouse and $3152 for children if joining as accompanying member of the VISA application.
  10. What are financial requirements for sponsor?
    A nominated sponsor is required to $62000 yearly income for a single student or $72000 for couple.
  11. Can I work while studying in Australia?
    Yes, as per legislation an Internation student is allowed to work 40hr fortnightly while the semester is ongoing however, at semester breaks it is unrestricted. Master by research candidate along with PhD Candidate can have unrestricted work hour.
    PS. Unless otherwise further instructions and guidance provided all international student can work unlimited in the essential sectors, selected by Aus Govt. to meet the shortage of staff due to covid-19.
  12. Is it possible to cover the cost of living and tuition fees by working?
    It is understandable however, it is always recommend that the student manage their fund of tuition fees and living from the sponsor only. Bearing all cost from working may lead adverse consequences and may lead visa breach.
  13. Can I study part-time?
    As per the regulations, all international students are required to undertake full time study in load however, incase necessary, an International student  can study part-time for time being with the valid reasons, only with the permission of the provider according to the policy.
  14. Is having a health cover mandatory?
    Under the subclass 500 visa condition 8501,it is mandatory to have adequate health insurance for the whole duration of stay.
  15. Can I change the course if it is no it the right one?
    In case necessary you can change the course maintaining the visa condition 8202, however, if your wish to change prior to completion of at least 6 months of your principle course you may need to seek release from your provider according to ESOS code.
  16. Can I defer the course?
    If necessary, Under compelling and compassionate circumstances, for the well being of the student the provide may allow you to defer the semester or issue ‘leave of absence’ adding to that, presenting any false declarations may lead cancellation of CoE.
  17. Can I down grade the course?
    Under condition 8202. an applicant is required to maintain enrolment in a registered course that is the same AQF level or higher for which the visa application was granted, incase required to downgrade, a new visa application must be lodge before department of home affairs.
  18. What type of studies available in Australia.
    Generally an international student can undertake VET (Vocational Education & Training)  or HE (Higher Education).
  19. What options are available once my course is completed?
    International students are welcome to apply for post graduate work visa after the completion of their two years program. Once all conditions are met they can apply for subclass 485 which is generally from 1.5 years to 4 years depending on where did you complete the study from.
  20. Will I be able to get Permanent Residency?
    Australia welcomes skilled individuals and through different visa scheme like 189,190,491 they invites  thousands of international student s to live and works Permanently.
  21.  What if I can’t finish my registered course on time, what will happen?
    Incase necessary, an International student can apply for anew visa for the additional time period required to complete the course.
  22. What if I wish to discontinue the study?
    Under the student visa subclass 500, every individual is required to undertake necessary actions to maintain the student visa and failing to do so I case of discontinuation, may lead issuance of f NOIC from Department of Home Affairs.
  23. What will happens if the visa is canceled?
    In case, a visa application is refused from onshore the applicant can appeal the decision at AAT however since there is no merit points of any visa application lodged from overseas the decision from case officer is the final.
  24. What is visa refusal or Visa cancellation.
    Incase if the visa application fails to meet the Ministerial Direction 69, a application may be refused however if the visa condition is breached then the consequence is Cancellation.
    Noting that, one can appeal against the onshore visa refusal only at AAT however cancellation may require departure.
  25. What if I am confused and need assistance.
    Educab is always ready to assist you regardless your problems. So if you have any concerns and need full guidance, feel free to contact our QEAC certified team or registered  MARA agents.

Get Free Assessment

Assessment Form

Bangladesh Office: Lift-02, House: KA-07, Ainuddin Munshi Sarak, Bashundhara R/A Main Gate (Beside Jamuna Future Park), Vatara, Dhaka-1229

Reach us at +61424205426 (WhatsApp)

Global Office: Suite 111-112 / 743-755 George Street, Haymarket, Sydney 2000

Contact (Australia): 1800-EDUCAB

© 2022 Educab Bangladesh. Made with passion by Optimyzen
menu-circlecross-circle linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram